Sunday, April 8, 2007

Adbusters

Some rhetorical strategies that they use is pathos because a baby always creates very sympathetic and happy emotions. When we see a baby anywhere our first thought is "how cute!" for some reason we love babies and we just can't resist them. So this baby selling McDonald's is so adorable and we like him already. I think McDonald's wants to be appealing especially to parents because after all they're the ones that can buy us happy meals and kids love the toys that come with the meal. Looking at content expression this baby has on his face tells everyone that his fascinated with the food and is proud of it too because the bib and fry hat makes that more obvious. I mean who would wear this unless he's in love with McDonald's, which is what the add wants to portray. This add wants to let the whole world know that kids love McDonald's. The photograph persuades us even more because it's believable. The truth is that babies, toddlers and kids love McDonald's so seeing a kid this happy is normal and billions of people can relate to it because that many have already eat from this fast food restaurant. Even I loved the happy meals when I was a kid. I remember I used to beg my mom to buy happy meals because I loved the toys that came along with it. My favorite miniature toys were the barbies which I collected. As I got older I became more and more concerned with how unhealthy McDonald's truly is especially after watching Super Size Me, so now I barely eat there.

No comments: