Friday, March 2, 2007

What Women Want


What do women want from men? While I was contemplating this question I realized that we expect very simple and obvious things from men. The number one thing that we want is without a doubt respect. If men don't treat us with respect than they don't appreciate or value us in any way. If we are not respected it can really damage our self esteem and eventually our physical health. We can become victims of domestic violence if our partner has absolutely no respect for us.The number two quality that we want in a man is romance. Lady's, we need to be reminded how much our guy truly loves and cares for us every day. They don't have to give us extravagant gifts to show their love, because it can be a matter of gestures too. Holding hands is an awesome way to demonstrate to her that you care and also a sign of togetherness. We love it when men give us affection, especially in public. If they kiss us in front of their parents it signifies that they are not ashamed of what they feel and who they're with. Instead it represents that men are extremely proud of the girl they brought home to mom and dad because she's perfect. I can't stress enough how crucial romance is to keep the spark alive because if it's non existent you're relationship slowly fades away. Holding hands, kissing, and hugging are not a big sacrifice at all.The next quality that we look for is honesty. Some guys, or maybe all of them, promise us the moon and stars to make us fall into their arms. When we recognize that they're complete liars it's too late because we have believed everything. Untruthfulness is cruel because it plays with our feelings and hurts us deeply. We want someone that is sincere so we can be able to trust them. Even if, sometimes, the truth is harsh we need to hear it. So there you have them, the three most essential qualities that our man needs to have. Guys please take notes.

4 comments:

Martha E. Altman said...

I have to agree with you!! I was in a 16-year marriage that was abusive in many ways and an extremely horrible existence. I've since gotten divorced and now have a great life. I've met an incredibly wonderful man who embodies all of what you write about. He is someone who truly appreciates a woman.... and shows that by doing the "little" things like loading the dishwasher, grabbing my hand as we're walking through a store.... to the huge things like a giving me a new diamond ring for Valentine's Day.

When you finally "find" the one person who seems to make your life complete - without any of those red flags and nagging doubts that sometimes creep into your thoughts.... you can consider yourself truly lucky.

I do.... and I am.

Fu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fu said...

I am not taking notes...more like copying and pasting this thing onto a word document. I like your free write for many reasons. First of all the title, I watched the movie what a woman want and I aint yes aint ashame to say that I liked it. I like how you put down three important criteria of what women want from their men. But as we all know that women along with men are different from person to person. Women are strong and yet they are delicate creatures. Love is a fragile thing to began with and if the couple aren't able to complete eachother this thing will die. There is too many of these relationships died bacause of things you just discuss. Respect, be affectionate and romantic, and honest is only three of many things that I can think that both women and men would want from the opposite. Although we are from different planets, we surprisingly share many similarities. Note is taken and thankkkkk youuuuuuuuu for this post.

Korin said...

I love this! I was in a relationship when I was 16 where the guy I was with would try and guilt me into things, by "crying" and then the next day he would turn around and try and flirt with my best friend! I cried so much during that relationship and I was so depressed, now that I look back on it, he really emotionally abused me, and tried to take advantage of me. Now, that guy is completley out of my life, I didn't even bother trying to "stay friends" and I've got a really good boyfriend who must have read an article like your post.