Sunday, February 4, 2007

"Bridezillas"

There have been a lot of misunderstandings as to what is the most important element in a wedding when a “bridezilla” is the bride, because when they are present nothing is the same. In a wedding, what should really matter is the love that exists within two people and the day that they will become one as they say their vows. When there is a bride that is stubborn, evil, inconsiderate, who that wants everything her way, and is completely selfish she suddenly turns into a monster more commonly known as a “bridezilla.”
Everything seems to go downhill when a bride utterly refuses to compromise at all. She suddenly gets a horrifying attitude and refuses to do what anyone else suggests. When I logged onto www.weddingchannel.com, and watched an actual show called “bridezillas,” I found myself incredibly intrigued with the extreme extents some women go through to get what they desire for their special day. They literally become another person some what like a monster until they finally get what they want and everyone bows to their feet. I want to know why they act the way they do because I can’t understand how some of them are capable of jeopardizing their own wedding. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this happen, and I kept thinking that she was crazy. Who in their right mind can endanger their wedding over having the perfect dress and reception? I wanted to witness these mad brides in action and I knew the perfect place to go: A bridal boutique, where the dress is all that matters. I thought that it would be the ideal place a bride would lose it if something went wrong with their most precious treasure, their wedding dress.
Another site that relates to brides is www.tlc.com because it lets you know that there are some angelic brides left in the world of weddings. It makes you realize that “bridezillas” are truly nuts. These brides are calm, considerate, patient, calm, and caring. They are able to compromise with the groom because they do care about his feelings. Having a perfect wedding, to them, is not as important making their loved one happy. All they care about is letting their partner know how special and wonderful they are through their vows. They want to pour their hearts out about how much they love their soul mate and yell it to the whole world.
As the observer of brides expect to see all the emotion a bride feels when she tries on her wedding dress because I think that’s when they realize that they are actually getting married, and sharing their lives with someone else for ever. I want to see tears, joy, or madness. What I would definitely enjoy observing would be a “bridezilla” having a temper tantrum. I believe it would be the most fun and entertaining, because usually little kids are the ones throwing temper tantrums, but after watching a couple of wedding shows I learned that this is completely false. My audience is unquestionably the grooms and anyone related to these brides because, after all, they have to put up with them.

1 comment:

RachelKrier said...

This sounds really funny! It is a bit sad and disturbing however that the brides do get so upset. I am very aware of the many many details that must go into planning a wedding but still one would think that as you hopefully only do it once you would make it a good experience. I had a sort of much smaller scale bridezilla happen with my sister in law. She really was stressed about many things but was not unbearable, it does not make it much fun for all those around. I am excited to see if any of the brides in the shop that you go to will be a "bridezilla". Very Creative!